Rational Acoustics Smaart SPL offers the same complete SPL measurement toolset from Smaart v8 in a purpose-built standalone package. Smaart SPL provides a powerful solution for monitoring, metering, and logging SPL – with a format and price point more accessible to users who don’t require the real-time frequency and impulse response mode analysis capabilities of our flagship Smaart v8 software.
Important: For accurate SPL measurements, this product requires the use of a microphone calibrator in addition to a suitable acoustic test & measurement microphone and a microphone preamp / audio interface.
- Comprehensive SPL monitoring and logging of any number of calibrated inputs simultaneously
- SPL A, C, & unweighted Fast and Slow, Peak A, C, unweighted or Peak Octave banded frequency center
- Leq A, C, unweighted or Octave banded frequency center with user-definable time-period from 1 second to 24 hours
- C-A bass ratio calculation
- OSHA and NIOSH exposure calculation
- L10, L50, L90 calculation
- 10 EaZy integration for Class 1 or 2 compliant SPL Measurement
- Integrated Maximum Average Meter (MAM) display
- Support for multiple 10 EaZy systems connected at once
- User-definable SPL grid window for viewing multiple SPL metrics simultaneously
- SPL History graph for navigating SPL Log files
- User-definable SPL Alarms and ‘traffic light’ color display (green, yellow, red level definitions per SPL metric)
- Remote viewing via web browser (over LAN or Internet)
- PDF report generation
Smaart is available for both the Microsoft® Windows® and macOS® operating systems. Besides the obvious OS differences, the two versions are exactly the same in functionality, look, and operation. Below are the minimum hardware / OS requirements. Newer OS versions are compatible unless otherwise stated.
|Minimum Req.||Windows||macOS (64-bit only)|
|OS Version||Windows 7 SP1||OSX 10.11 (El Capitan)|
|Processor / CPU||2 GHz Dual-Core||2 GHz Dual-Core|
|Memory / RAM||2GB||2GB|
|Graphics||Intel HD 4000 OR 256mb VRAM*||Intel HD 4000 OR 256mb VRAM|
|Display||1024 x 768||1024 x 768|
|Sound||Compatible ASIO® or WAV/WDM drivers||Compatible Core Audio drivers|
These are the absolute minimum requirements for Smaart to operate. A more powerful setup may be required if you plan on taking more intensive measurements, using multiple windows, running a large amount of simultaneous transfer function measurements, etc.
- NOTE: Once a Smaart license has been registered to a license management account at my.rationalacoustics.com and activated on any computer, it is non-returnable and non-refundable. We encourage you to take advantage of the free 30-day demo or review the feature comparison in the Resources section below prior to purchasing your license.
- License codes are sent via email within 24 hours after purchase. If you do not see the email, please check your junk/spam folder.
- Each license of Smaart SPL includes (2) installation seats
- After purchasing, register your Smaart license code at my.rationalacoustics.com to an existing account, or create a new one.
- Internet access is required for the activation of Smaart SPL. However, once activated the program does not need an internet connection and can be operated offline.
- Once installed and activated on a computer, Smaart SPL cannot be deactivated by the user.
- In the case of theft, loss, or catastrophic failure, you will need to contact support to release that installation.
- Purchase of additional installations onto an existing license (or new license purchase) are available directly through your my.rationalacoustics.com account once you have registered your license.
Smaart SPL is a dedicated Sound Pressure Level metering, logging, and reporting application. SPL does not perform Spectrum, Transfer Function, or Impulse Response measurements.
Simple Interface with SPL History Plots
• Quick access to configuration functions and logging actions from a single, intuitive control bar
• SPL History timeline shows data collected over entire logged or live-logging event
• At-a-glance display of all calibrated inputs
• Expandable meter grid for unlimited user-defined SPL readouts
• Smaart SPL calculates 15 SPL metrics by default, additional customizable metrics may be configured using “Advanced Meter Config”
• Fully user-configurable SPL Meter Grid window
• View multiple metrics from one or many microphones in real-time
• Green, Yellow, and Red “traffic light” threshold controls for each metric independently
Web Browser Interface
• Remotely view Smaart SPL’s actively logging inputs via a networked (LAN or Internet) desktop or mobile device
• API supports multiple client connections
• Password protection option for access control
Alarms & Event Notes
• Configure alarms for any or all calibrated inputs
• Alarm Events are flagged in the SPL timeline and noted in the timestamped log file
• Triggered Alarms cause the input in violation to flash for a user-definable duration
• “Add Note” events as needed to any actively logging input
Logging & Reporting
Smaart SPL creates logfiles in .txt format, and can generate
SPL Summary Reports for user-defined time ranges