Rational Acoustics SMAART Suite
Smaart Suite is the full-featured flagship Smaart program, including all three industry-standard measurement modes (Real Time, Impulse Response, and SPL), with no functional limitations.
Suite is the edition that most closely matches the functionality found in Smaart v8.
One Interface, Three Modes
Smaart Suite contains all three Smaart modes: Real-Time, Impulse Response, and SPL. Each mode has a data register, plot area, and control bar associated with it and shares the overall program configuration, command, and control structure.
For a majority of Smaart users, Real-Time mode is what makes Smaart smart. The single channel Spectrum and dual channel Transfer Function measurements are essential tools for professional sound engineers all around the world. Real-Time Mode is specifically designed for sound system engineers to be able to accomplish their alignment and optimization work quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
Impulse Response Mode
Unlike Real-Time Mode which primarily displays measurement data in the frequency domain, IR Mode excels at displaying the response of a system in the time domain, with detailed Linear, Logarithmic, and ETC (energy time curve) views, Histogram and Spectrograph plots, as well as frequency response. Acoustical engineers will appreciate IR Mode for its detailed calculations and tables for RT60, STI, STIPA, CIS, and more.
Smaart’s SPL Mode provides a powerful solution for monitoring, logging, and reporting sound pressure level. With SPL history plots, fully customizable metering, remote-viewing capabilities, Alarms, and Event Notes, customizable ‘traffic light’ meter coloring, logging and report generation, and Class 1 or 2 capability with 10 EaZy hardware – Smaart is the industry’s leading software-based SPL monitoring solution.
- Unlimited simultaneous RTA measurements and live average of RTA data
- Fractional-Octave banding up to 1/48th octave resolution
- Fractional Octave or Line view of RTA data
- View data as banded, lines, or both simultaneously
- View Peak Holds, Target Curve (including cinema X-curves), and THD
- Accurately display SPL levels per 1 and 1/3 octave bands with calibrated inputs
- A, C, X, and Inverse weighting options for live and stored data
- 2, 4, 8, 16 FIFO, 1-10sec, Fast, Slow, Infinite data averaging selections, plus “none”
- Spectrum-over-time with amplitude represented by color
- User-definable dynamic range
- Scrollable line history
- Adjustable slice height resolution
- Full color or greyscale
Real-Time Mode: Transfer Function (dual channel)
- Magnitude, Coherence, Phase, Live Impulse Response (Live IR) graphs
- Unlimited simultaneous TF measurement and live average of TF engines
- Simultaneous MTW and single-size FFT data acquisition from 128-128K
- Up to 1/48th oct smoothing for magnitude and phase graphs
- Reference delay finder with frequency filtering
- Automatic reference delay tracking
- Coherence and Coherence Squared, with quarter height option
- Progressive averaging selections of 1-10, plus infinite.
- A, C, X, and Inverse weighting options for live and stored data
- Polar and Complex magnitude averaging
- Supports AES-75
Impulse Response Mode (IR Mode)
- Linear, Logarithmic, Energy Time Curve, Spectrogram, Frequency, and Histogram graphs
- Unlimited simultaneous IR measurement
- Single and Dual channel IR measurement capability
- Single time window FFT selections from 128-512k
- Schroeder Reverse Integration curve for RT60 and EDT calculation
- Speech intelligibility criteria including CIS, STI, and STIPA
- Supports Noiseless and Noise Present STI calculation
- Automatic calculation of octave and 1/3 octave filter bandpasses
- User-definable frequency bandpass
- All-Bands table view for all acoustical values
SPL (Sound Pressure Level)
- Monitoring and Logging of an unlimited number of calibrated inputs
- SPL A, C, & Unweighted Fast and Slow
- Peak C, Peak Z (unweighted), Peak A, and Peak Octave banded frequency
- Leq A, C, unweighted, and Octave band with user-definable time-period from 1sec-24 hours.
- C-A ratio calculation
- OHSA and NIOSH exposure calculation
- L10, L50, L90 calculation
- 10 EaZy integration for Class 1 or Class 2 compliant SPL measurement
- 10 EaZy Maximum Average Meter display
- User-definable SPL grid display
- SPL History Display
- User definable Alarms and ‘traffic light’ meter display colors
- Remotely view actively logging inputs from a web browser via LAN
- PDF reports with customizable reporting selections
- Multi-output; mono, multi-mono, stereo
- Independent output trim
- 10 programmable output presets
- Random, Pseudorandom, SMPTE, and speech-weighted noise
- Sine, Sweep, and File playback (.WAV .AIFF)
- Optional noise fade-in
- Unlimited simultaneous input and output channels
- ASIO, Wav, and CoreAudio driver support
- Input calibration for SPL
- Integrated gain and phantom power control with gain tracking for the Roland OctaCapture
- 10 EaZy hardware integration for Class 1 or Class 2 measurement
The minimum system requirements for the Smaart v9 platform have changed from Smaart v8. Please read the requirements below carefully to ensure v9 is compatible with your system.
|OS Version||Windows 10 (64-bit only)||macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)|
|Processor / CPU||6th gen Intel Core i5 or similar/newer*||6th gen Intel Core i5 or similar/newer (2015 or newer)
Any Apple Silicon M series
|Memory / RAM||4GB||4GB|
|Graphics||Hardware supporting DirectX 12**||Any|
|Display||1024 x 768||1024 x 768|
|Sound||ASIO® or WAV/WDM drivers||Core Audio drivers|
Note: Minimum requirements are established to ensure reasonable performance when default settings are used. Consider a more powerful computer if you plan to use large FFT sizes, or run many measurements at the same time.
*Smaart does not support “Windows on ARM”
**Must support Feature Level 12 / WDDM 2.0+
Licensing Information: perpetual + Upgrade
A Perpetual License does not expire. A Perpetual License is billed in full for the cost of the license at the time of purchase and remains valid indefinitely for the specific edition and version of the software you are licensed for.
Perpetual Licenses are delivered via email and must be registered to a Smaart License Management Account (either new or existing) in order to access the installers for your license.
A Perpetual License is refundable within 30 days of purchase as long as it has not been registered to Smaart License Management account or installed on a computer. Once it has been registered and installed, it is non-returnable and non-refundable.
Perpetual licenses of Smaart Suite and Smaart RT come with 2 installation seats and perpetual licenses of Smaart LE and Smaart SPL come with 1 seat. Once a license has been registered, you can purchase additional seats for it through your Smaart License Management Account.
Perpetual Licenses can be upgraded to different editions of Smaart within the same version cycle (i.e. upgrading from Smaart RT v9 to Smaart Suite v9), and to subsequent versions upon their release (i.e. upgrading from Smaart Suite v9 to Smaart Suite v10). You do not lose your previous license when you upgrade.
An internet connection is required for the initial activation of a Perpetual License and for receiving updates. Once activated, Smaart perpetual licenses can be operated offline.
Support, including updates and bug fixes, is provided at no cost for the duration of the license as long as the version of Smaart you are licensed for is the most current release.
Licensing Information: Subscription
An Annual Subscription License starts on the day payment is received and continues for a period of one year. Annual Subscription Licenses are billed in full for the entire year at the beginning of the subscription period. Auto-renew is automatically selected as the default setting for the subscription and at the end of the subscription period, you will automatically be billed for an additional one-year subscription at then-current pricing.
Annual Subscription Licenses are 1-install only and additional installs cannot be purchased for, or added to, Subscription Licenses. If you wish to run Smaart on more than one computer, you will need to purchase a separate Annual Subscription License for each computer.
Annual Subscription Licenses require a periodic internet connection for license validation and renewal. If the computer on which your software is running is not connected to the internet at least once per month, your software may cease to function.
You can cancel your subscription from within your Smaart License Management account any time up to 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period and you will not be billed for future subscription periods. You will not receive a refund for any portion of the fees paid for the current subscription period unless legally required. See our Cancellation & Refund Policy for further details.
If you cancel your subscription, your Annual Subscription License will remain active, and you will be able to use Smaart, until the end of the current subscription period. Once the subscription period has ended, your Annual Subscription License will expire and Smaart will cease to function. If you wish to continue using Smaart, you will need to purchase a new Subscription License.